Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Sesame Street!



Wow! Forty years old! I remember it like it was yesterday! I was babysitting for a little girl in the neighborhood and we watched it together. Even then as a 13 year old I enjoyed it, and I sure loved it with my kids. What's not to love about it?! What a great collection of characters, a great method of teaching and introducing cultures and topics otherwise thought to not be appropriate. I just had the news on and they did a story about it and it brought such momentary joy to me.
Congratulations Sesame Street!

I've felt like I was on another planet since Thursday. I came down to eat my breakfast Friday and check my emails before work only to find I did not have a connection. My router was dead and it was not until today that I recieved my new one. I went to the public library once over the weekend to check my emails but I totally felt like a fish out of water not being connected. No emails, no Etsy, no blogging, no shopping, no Goggle, no nothing! Boy do I feel good being connected again.
I have a lot to catching up to do.
Life is good - being connected again and enjoying warm memories of Sesame Street!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

When we went to Disneyland with the kids last month We did the 3 d moppets show it was soooo cute!! My little 3 year old niece kept trying to grab the things in the air and insisted the best way to wear the glasses was updside down Wayyyyyy too cute!!

Lenae May said...

Hahaha! I totally understand! My computer has become one of the central devices of my life! I'm planning a quick day trip to Chicago on the train and forgot to ask if they have WiFi! Drat! I WILL find out though! A 7 hour trip without the computer sounds dreadful and I could really catch up on my visiting!
Hahaha
Lenae

Kathy said...

I loved watching Sesame Street with my kids. It was great. I can still sing so many of those songs...Would you like to buy an O??? :) Glad you are reconnected!

Angela said...

Welcome back to the world :)

My art is a directly influenced by Sesame Street. I had a set of SS books growing up and I looked at them for years...

Silke Powers said...

I grew up with Sesame Street - but in German! And then I watched it all over again when my sister was little... I loved it!!

Glad you are connected again! It feels so weird when we lose our internet connection, doesn't it?

Hugs, Silke

lilylovekin said...

Realized when I read your post that we are the same age!