Friday, February 27, 2009

Creative Girlfriend Weekend Get-Away


This weekend I am going to upstate PA with my creative girlfriends. Needless to say I’ve been looking forward to this for some time. I belong to a group we lovingly call “Creative Friends”. We get together monthly with a creative project and it’s all about the challenge of stepping outside our own creative boxes, the sharing, and the friendship.

There are 9 of us in the group and we each take turns each month both in an evening of hosting the group, and having the responsibility of providing “the object” to craft – the object could be anything – a sea shell, a piece of ribbon, a gum wrapper, fabric swatches, you name it (and yes we have done all of those items)!!! We have a month to create our project ready to bring back to present at the next get together.

It is absolutely amazing to see some of the ideas and creations we come up with. Learning about the inspiration and process which guided us each through our own creative experience with the object is so inspiring, and it is such fun to unwind with some good food, drink and a few laughs.

This weekend, our first weekend get-away, will be a weekend full of creative energy coupled with good food and drinks. Wish you could all come too!

4 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Wish I could come too! Sounds like a blast!!
Have fun!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! I would love to be part of a group like that!!
I love your work. I've always loved rug hooking, and your work is beautiful
Have fun this weekend.:)
Chrissie

Marie Patterson Studio said...

That sounds like a wonderful group! I look forward to your next post!

Beth Anderson said...

Thanks - it is a wonderful group and I am so lucky to be part of it, in addition to being connected to other wonderful creative girls on the web.