Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I’ve been listing cross stitch in my shop recently. It seems to draw more interest than my rug hooking does. Oh no, is that a subtle message? I sure hope not cause I really enjoying hooking so much more. Anyway, I was cleaning out a blanket chest on Sunday and found this piece that I stitched many years ago. It really is a lovely piece and I hate that it was wrapped up for so long, so I just listed it in my Etsy shop hoping someone will love it and enjoy it. I always have kind of a personal attachment to many of the things I make however it’s bothersome to think of a creation being hidden away and not appreciated as it should be.

I’m going on a rug hooking expedition tomorrow with 2 of my rug hooking friends. One is going through a round of chemo at the moment so I’m glad we can get her out, and the other teaches hooking in a shop. We’re going to go out to the shop to drool over the wool and get our fiber fix, and I know we’ll share some ideas, have a few laughs and have a nice lunch too. It is supposed to be a lovely sunny and warm spring day - a perfect day for an outing.

I'm off to watch one of my favorite movies, The Quiet Man.
Can you tell me how to get to Innisfree? Cheers Friends.

No comments: