Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wine Tasting


Keeping with the same theme as my Toasted Head enjoyment, I attended an annual wine tasting last night and thought I’d share some wonderful wine suggestions with you. My first love for wine is chardonnay and, in the absence of chardonnays last night, I concentrated on reds and found some wonderful new wines.

Salice Salentino 2006 ($15.99), an incredible value from Apulia, made from 80% Negro Amaro and 20% Malvasia Nera. This will become a new staple red in my house.

Another wonderful, yet pricier wine, is Massolino Barbera d Alba Serralunga d Alba 2007 ($24.99). Treat yourself with this one!

Villa Puccini Toscana 2004 ($15.49) was another delicious dry red wine and I also recommend this one.

Our hostess has hosted many of these over the years and she always surprises us with her finds and her pairing of just the right cheeses with each bottle of wine. It is a wonderful evening and raises money for a local crew (my daughter rowed for in high school).

I hope you have an opportunity to try my suggestions – Cheers!

1 comment:

Chocolate and Steel said...

Thanks for the tips. I LOVE Barberas but they are rarely inexpensive.

I just had a Salice Salentino last night. They have a 2006 Anglianico that is really delicious. We only pay $4.99 for it:) Trader Joe's in California is the best thing that's happened to us.

It sounds like a wonderful evening you had:)