Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Little Progress



Sunday afternoon Brian and I got down to business. He brought home his queen size bed so we needed to get his twin bed out of his room, clean and rearrange it to fit the queen. What a messy job. He is a pack-rat and never throws stuff away - the boxes of his old junk we have in the attic - gets me annoyed just thinking about it so lets not go there.
When we took his bed apart there were enough empty boxes, old school things, etc. under his bed to fill 2 trash bags (not to mention the dust)! There was stuff under there from when he was maybe 12-14 years old! Anyway, we got the room totally cleaned and rearranged the furniture so the bed would fit - kind of crowded but it works!
We put the twin mattress out with the trash but I'm saving the headboard/frame and the matching night stand to sell at my yard sale I plan to have this fall.
The living room looks a little better since at least the queen size bed is out, but still half of his belongings are in there......hopefully we'll get that done this weekend and get to normal.


Brian started his first day of work yesterday and I'm so happy he seemed to like it. He came home with some "official" clothing and keys to facilities. He did say he was thinking that this is what life is going to be like for the next 50 years! Welcome to the real world - LOL!!!

It is very hot and humid here. Yesterday was the hottest day of the summer so far at 95 degrees (with the heat index of 105 degrees). Anyone who has ever been to Philly in the summer knows the humidity is terrible. Oh well, it is what it is. Besides my walk which I need to take while it is still early and relatively cool, I guess I'll be inside today. I better go take that walk..........

3 comments:

lilylovekin said...

Beth, I need you to come over to my house and help me clean my 2nd bedroom. It sounds like you did more in one afternoon than I've been able to do all summer.

Beth Anderson said...

LOL - even though I'm home everyday without work you'd think my house would be sparkling clean - it's far from it!
I'd love to help you with the 2nd bedroom!

Silke Powers said...

Beth, I am glad everyone is settling in at your home...

I know what you mean about the heat. It was the same here - same temp and same heat index! Winslow and I took our walk at 6:30 in the morning, which was lovely. Everyone was still asleep, but the birds were singing already.

Hope it'll be cooler for you tomorrow!! Hugs, Silke