Friday, August 21, 2009

TGIF



Happy Friday everyone!
I'm anxious for this day to begin. I have interview #4 this afternoon. Gosh I hope I make it through this one and then I hope they make a decision. This has been dragging on however the good news is they are still interested!
More good news - yesterday I received a call from another financial institution I applied to and they want me to interview on Tuesday - when it rains it pours. I certainly happily accepted the interview. I really like the company I've been continuing to interview with but I'm not going to put all my eggs in one basket and assume an offer will be made. Like the saying goes, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, and I don't hear any singing, so I'm still actively pursuing all opportunities.
Last night I saw a third "perfect fit" opportunity too and applied to it. All of a sudden it seems like things are opening up. I sure hope so. I know there are lots of people in the same situation I'm in, or worse (who have been unemployed longer). I sure hope I'm right and all of our searches will soon have positive results.

My friend, Lori Eurto is coming to Philly from upstate NY. She is a talented jewelry designer on Etsy, Lorelei1141, and attending a big bead show in this area. Also, her friend Kelley of Kelleysbeads is meeting Lori here and I know they are excited about some serious bead shopping. I'm excited cause I get to see Lori tonight, and meet Kelley - we are having dinner together. The bead show is at the convention center in King of Prussia, PA, which is only a couple of miles away from me.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Beth YOu know I will be sending you all the best Karma I can !!!! Just keep up the good spirits!!!!I am so excited for you !!

Unknown said...

Hi Beth...I am wishing you the very best today!

Silke Powers said...

Oh, Beth, the very best for today with your interview! I am so happy for you that all is moving forward with your job search!!

Have fun this weekend!! Hugs, Silke

Beth Anderson said...

Thanks everyone - it means a great deal to me that you are all pulling for me.
:-)

Kathy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Go get that job...whichever one you want the most! Chee hoo!!

Unknown said...

Prayers are heading your way Beth...:)
I wish you the best.
xo
Chrissie