Monday, February 22, 2010

The End Result!


We finally have our lovely new hall floor! Isn't it nice?
I have wanted to get a new floor in the hallway since we moved into the house, 20 years ago I might add.
Promises, promises.....we'll do it, or I'll get to it (since George said he could do it himself).
Well, he finally made the decision to do it and it looks lovely. I guess he figured while we were painting we might as well do it.
It used to be a dark brown linoleum floor (yuk). I did not get to take a picture of it because George took it up a couple of Saturday's ago when I was out running errands. Anyway, it turns out there was a white linoleum floor under the dark brown one, and then a nice hard wood under the white linoleum! Yeah!



We were really excited to see a nice hard ward floor underneath.

The story gets better - A couple of days later, while painting the hallway, he missed his step and knocked over a can of paint!

Can you believe it? Of all the luck! Thankfully he got it off where is splashed into the kitchen and a few other places, but could not work fast enough to do anything to get most of it up that fell right on that nice floor.
So, long story short, and unfortunately a few hard earned dollars later, we (George) put a new floor on top of it. It does look great, and we'll always have a story to tell about it!

6 comments:

Jennifer Stumpf said...

i stumbled upon your blog in a most pleasant way, through someone else who had you listed on their blog roll. nice blog! i'll be adding you to my reading list. :)

Silke Powers said...

Oh, my goodness, what a story! And to knock over a can of paint - I think I would have freaked out! However, your floor now looks wonderful!! Congratulations! Love, Silke

Angela said...

It looks really great!

I once spilled a can of black oil paint in my parent's hallway after they just got new floors. I remember everyone was in a panic! My aunt was there and grabbed towels from the bathroom. We saved the floor but I ruined the freshly painted wall and several towels.

Kathy said...

Love the light wood. It's gorgeous. That's what I would like to have throughout my whole house! Nice job!

Beth Anderson said...

I forgot to mention, I did not get mad.....what could I do? A friend came over right after the accident and just laughed!
All's well that ends well!

lilylovekin said...

Beautiful floors and a wonderful story to always go with it. I spilled stain on cupboards once and could do nothing to safe them-I had to paint them instead of staining, I was too young to laugh about it. That is an advantage of getting older you know not to sweat the little things.