Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thank You and More Pumpkins



Wow!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you all! I know your comments about my good news were from the heart. I commented to another blogger the other day I'm generally a quiet and private person but blogging has opened up a whole new world for me and one chock-full of friends who genuinely care about me.
You're all special and you all have wonderful talents. I admire each and everyone of you. You're an unending source of inspiration in my life. I'm honored to be part of your lives. I thank you for that and for all of your support to me over these last months.
It's so weird to say I'm stress free right now!

Thanks for the concern that I won't be blogging much when I go back to work - I'm sure gonna try.
And, don't worry, my hooking will not go away. I actually used to hook more when I was working - always did it at night to unwind.

I went to get my drug test this morning (supposed to within 48 hours of the offer). That was a different experience coming from one who has never had one! For a moment there, I thought the technician was going to stay with me in the toilet!

I decided to treat myself to a little bit of shopping on the way home. I stopped at Pier One and found a lovely white wicker chair. It was marked down from $249 to $48! I could not pass it up, especially since Brian moved out and I want to redecorate his room. Darn - I forgot to take a picture of it and its too dark now.

From there I went to Nordstroms Rack and found a pair of black slacks and a turquoise wrap sweater both marked down, with an additional 75% off. I got both for under $15! Could it be that evil eye again, finding those bargains for me?!

Since I was so excited yesterday I only blogged about my job, I did not show my latest creations. I did get my hooking done Sunday evening and Monday morning I made the hooked pieces into pillows.
This cute little mini Jack was added to my shop -

I'll add this Rusty Jack tomorrow -

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Well isn't that just the best news ever!!! I am SOOOOO happy for you. I haven't had a chance to do my normal daily blog reading, so I just read your good news post now. Chee Hoo!!!

I left a bad job 3 years ago thinking that I would never find a job that paid me that much because I had no skills of any particular kind. Well, I took a low paying job I really didn't want just so I had a job and then my husband saw an ad for a different job. I interviewed, told them I had already accepted a position somewhere else and I was supposed to start the following Monday. I interviewed twice in 3 days and was offered the job. I took it, called the other place and apologized and told them I found my dream job. They were awesome about it. My job is awesome and very quickly was making more than I did at the other place with wonderful benefits on top of that.

So, when it's meant to be....it WILL be. I am SOOO excited for you. You will do great and they will love you!

sharon said...

Sorry I missed your post yesterday, so a biiiiiig congrat's to you, and wishing you the best!! I am sure you will squeeze some time in for us bloggers...I work 40 hours a week and I do it!!

lilylovekin said...

That evil eye Must be your lucky charm. All this good fortune is coming your way since it has come into your life. I would certainly keep it hanging around!!!!

Lucid Moon Studio said...

I also am just getting caught up on my blog reading, so CONGRATS!!(a little late). I just went for a promising job interview this morning (I've been laid off since Jan.), so I hope I will be celebrating soon too! It gives me hope to read about someone like me who is able to find a job in this economy, and I am VERY happy for you. You DESERVE it!! Sounds like they are really going to appreciate you and that's very important. I hope you love it!

Lisa