Sunday, July 19, 2009

Good Weekend



I went out on the patio this morning to see the first of blooms of our Morning Glories this season. I love them, especially as more and more bloom at once. George does not like them and thinks they are too invasive and kept pulling the little seedlings out this spring. I was insistent that he leave some and they have really grown nicely up the wall. They also help to hide the ugly electric box - who wants to see that on the side of their garden? Anyway, I think they are beautiful and wanted to share the first blooms with you.

It was a nice weekend. 2 more incredible days of weather too.
The outing last night was great. The movie Hangover really was quite funny. I could have done with a few less f-bombs myself but it was funny.
Since I did not choose the movie, I chose Suzanna Foo's for dinner - an upscale Chinese restaurant. It is famous in Philadelphia and Zagot rated. She opened a Suzanna Foo Kitchen in the suburbs a few years ago which is much more relaxed where we went. We opted to eat outside on the patio - beautifully closed in with a brick wall, and lush vegetation and flowers. The food is fabulous there too. What a nice night to eat out, literally!
I hope you all had a nice weekend too.

4 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

That sounds awesome. I love all Asian food!!
Morning Glories ROCK! I love them, and wish I had some here. Maybe next year.

Beth Anderson said...

wish I could give you some of the seedlings we'll be sure to get next spring.

lilylovekin said...

I love morning glories also. I love how they reseed themselves and grow where ever, You make Chinese food sound like a good thing for dinner.

Kathy said...

Sounds wonderful!